Private Lesson costs for 2022/23
30 minute private lesson = $39.50
Monthly membership payments = $158.00 (40 lessons for the year)
45 minute private lesson = $59.25
Monthly membership payments = $237.00 (40 lessons for the year)
60 minute private lesson = $79.00
Monthly membership payments = $316.00 (40 lessons for the year)
Adults only – 45-minute biweekly private lesson = $59.25
Monthly membership payments = $118.50 (20 lessons for the year)
Adults only – 60-minute biweekly private lesson = $79.00
Monthly membership payments = $158.00 (20 lessons for the year)
Yearly registration Fee – $35 per lesson membership (we will only charge this once per individual per year)
William Lewans’ Master Class Annual Fee – $40 per student
SCHOOL HOLIDAYS/CLOSURES 2022/23
The first day of lessons is Tuesday, September 6th, 2022
Thanksgiving – Monday, October 10th, 2022
Winter Break – Saturday, December 24th, 2022 – Friday, January 6th, 2023
Family Day – Monday, February 20th, 2023
March Break – Sunday, March 12th – Saturday, March 18th, 2023
Easter Weekend – Friday, April 7th, 2023
May Long Weekend – Monday, May 22nd, 2023
The last day of lessons is Friday, June 30th, 2023
Trial Lessons are offered in various lesson packages and must be paid for upon registration. Trial lessons are scheduled in advance and are not made up if they are canceled or missed. Upon completion of the trial lessons, students may then choose to continue with regular term lessons.
REGULAR TERM WEEKLY LESSONS
Regular term lessons are a weekly commitment from the time of registration until the end of June. Students must sign up for membership upon registration.
REGULAR TERM BIWEEKLY LESSONS
Biweekly lessons are offered for adult students only and are limited to specific times during the day (before 3:30 pm or at 8:00 pm on weekdays). Students must sign up for a membership upon registration. Lessons are a biweekly commitment from the time of registration until the end of June.
LESSONS CANCELLED BY STUDENTS
- Students have the option to have an online lesson during their regularly scheduled lesson if they give less than 24 hours’ notice. If they cannot attend online, the student will be marked absent and charged; no make-up lessons will be offered, and there are no refunds or credits for missed lessons.
- If the teacher receives more than 24-hour’s notice of cancellation, the student will be eligible to receive a make-up lesson subject to make-up policy below:
Make-Up Lesson Policy for Regular Term Weekly and Biweekly Lessons
- “Make-up lessons” are lessons offered outside of regularly scheduled lessons to make up for a canceled lesson. These make-up lessons are to be arranged between teacher and student at a mutually agreed-upon time. Students have the option to make up lessons in person at On the Off Beat Music School, or online.
- Students are entitled to a maximum of 4 make-up lessons per year, at a maximum of 2 make-up lessons per term (Terms are September – December, January – March, April – June)
- Students on trial lessons are not eligible for make-up lessons
- There are “no make-ups for make-ups”: once a make-up lesson is booked between teacher and student it cannot be rescheduled by the student. If a student misses a scheduled make-up lesson, it is forfeited regardless of the notice given.
All make-up lessons need to be completed by the end of June or they will be forfeited.
LESSONS CANCELLED BY TEACHERS
Periodically, teachers will need to cancel and reschedule lessons due to their performance schedule. At “On the Off Beat” we hire teachers that are also professional musicians – we believe it is imperative to a student’s musical education to study with a teacher who is a practising performer as well as a highly trained teacher. In the case of a teacher’s absence with 24 hrs’ notice (ex. for a performance), the teacher will inform parents and either find a substitute teacher or reschedule lessons.
In the case of a last-minute canceled lesson (teacher’s illness or emergency the day of), a substitute teacher will be found for that day.
Pre-authorized Payment Memberships
PRE-AUTHORIZED PAYMENT MEMBERSHIPS
Upon registering for regular term lessons students will be set up with a lesson membership which includes 40 lessons per year. The amount for the full year will be divided into 10 equal payments which will be automatically withdrawn from your credit card or bank account on the 1st of each month. If students sign up mid-year the amounts will be pro-rated until the end of the year.
Monday lesson students – there are 36 scheduled lessons on Mondays, therefore you will have four extra lessons to book in with your teacher before the end of August 2023.
Friday lesson students – there are 39 scheduled lessons on Fridays, therefore you will have one extra lesson to book in with your teacher before the end of August 2023.
For students who sign up for the fall session prior to September of that year $100 of your payment plus any admin fees will be non-refundable should you decide to not commit to the lessons.
Ending or Suspending Lessons
Students wishing to end their regular music lessons must inform OTOB staff of the cancellation in writing (a quick email will do) at least four weeks in advance of the final lesson day. Students will be billed for the four weeks of lessons after notice is given whether those lessons are attended or not. All outstanding make-up lessons must be used within that four-week time or will be forfeited.
Please visit our website for current lesson fees and school holidays/closures: www.ontheoffbeat.ca
“Little Beats” and Parent and Baby Classes
Classes are paid for in full upon registration. If you miss a class, there will be NO makeup or credit given. If a student decides to stop coming to classes there will be NO makeup or credit given.
In the case of a teacher cancellation OTOB will find a substitute teacher for that day.
There are no refunds for classes – students who decide to discontinue classes during a session will forfeit the remaining classes if they do not attend.
Please visit our website for current class fees
After School Programs
Monthly payments are taken automatically on the 1st of every month from the billing account on file. Please visit the website for current fees.
If you miss a class, there will be NO makeup or credit given. Parents are required inform OTOB of any student cancellations if the student is expected to be picked up from school.
In the case of a teacher cancellation OTOB will find a substitute teacher for that day.
Ending the Program
Students who wish to discontinue the program must give OTOB four weeks’ notice.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
The OTOB Code of Conduct sets out expectations of behavior for everyone at OTOB, including both students and staff. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner as would credit themselves, their schools, their communities, and their families. Bullying, harassment, and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
Our Faculty is made up of professional musicians who are excited to share their knowledge with OTOB students. In some cases, disciplinary action may be required for the safety and education of fellow students. Our Faculty will operate with the utmost discernment in handling individuals and situations.
Where action may be required by the course instructor, a Warning System will be in effect:
1st Warning – the disruptive student will receive a warning regarding specific behavior (s).
2nd Warning – the disruptive student will receive a second warning regarding specific behavior (s), and the parent will be called and informed of the disruptive behavior the student has displayed. The parent will be notified that this is the student’s second warning; any further warning will require the student’s removal from OTOB.
3rd Warning – should the student continue the behavior after the 1st two warnings, the student will be dismissed from lessons, classes, or camps and sent home immediately at their own expense. For those requiring parent supervision or transportation, the parent will be called to come to OTOB and pick up the student immediately. The student will not be allowed to return to classes and will forfeit all fees of their program.
On the Off Beat Music School remains open during the winter despite weather conditions. In the case of a TDSB closure due to extreme weather conditions, OTOB will revert to online lessons.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
OTOB staff are not responsible for unsupervised students outside of their lesson times. Please ensure parents or caregivers pick up and drop off children on time.
Please visit the website for current COVID protocols: https://ontheoffbeat.ca/covid-19updates/
Viral and infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19, SARS, MERS and Influenza (the “Diseases”) are highly contagious and are believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Notwithstanding attempts to put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of Disease, “On the Off Beat Music School” cannot guarantee that you and/or your child(ren) will not become exposed to any Diseases as a result of attending music lessons, classes or camps (the “Lessons”).
Upon registering for lessons and agreeing to the “On the Off Beat Music School” policies, I acknowledge:
1. The highly contagious nature of Diseases and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Provincial and Territorial authorities recommend maintaining distance between participants to reduce the spread.
2. “On the Off Beat Music School” cannot guarantee that I and/or my child(ren) will not become infected with a Disease, and by voluntarily attending Lessons, I acknowledge that myself and/or my child(ren) are increasing our risk of exposure to a Disease.
3. I, and/or my child(ren) voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or my child(ren), and hereby release, waive, discharge “On the Off Beat Music School”, its board, officers, individual members, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors and assigns (hereafter the “Released Parties”) for any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, directly related to any loss, damage, injury or death that may be sustained by myself or my child(ren) related to any Diseases while participating in Lessons, including all activity necessarily incidental to attending Lessons that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm.
4. I, and/or my child(ren) understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions or negligence of the Released Parties whether contraction of a Disease occurs before, during or after participation in any Lessons.
5. The execution of this Waiver and Release is a condition precedent to myself and/or child(ren) participating in the Lessons.
6. And, for and in consideration of being able to participate in the Lessons, I, and/or on behalf of my child(ren), irrevocably and unconditionally agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties from and against any loss, liability, damages, costs and expenses suffered by the Released Parties as a result of a claim made or proceedings commenced by myself or my child(ren) or by Music Lesson Waiver and Release, page 2 my heirs, representatives, assigns, against any other person, corporation or other entity (including the Crown) who claims, or whose representatives, successors claim contribution or indemnity from the Released Parties, or which otherwise results in the Released Parties suffering or incurring any loss, liability, damages, costs or expenses in relation to any Diseases.
7. I, and/or on behalf of my child(ren), understand that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. By agreeing to the “On the Off Beat Music School” policies upon registration, I and/or my child(ren) acknowledge that we have carefully read this agreement and understand its contents; That we have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give our voluntary consent in signing it as my own free act and deed, free from any inducement, with the full intention to be bound.