Thank you for your continued support of our family-run business and amazing music teachers.
We are currently offering both online and in-person lessons.
General Covid-19 Protocols for the OTOB:
- As per the government lifting mask mandates. Wearing a mask at OTOB is optional.
- Shoes must be placed in the front areas – no shoes are allowed inside the studios or hallways
- All Teachers teaching in person are fully vaccinated.
- Separate entrance doors are available for each of our three floors
- Surfaces will be wiped down frequently throughout the day
- Washrooms will be cleaned frequently
- Each of our studios has screened windows for air circulation.
- Each of our studios is equipped with a HEPA air purifier
- Piano keys will be disinfected before each student
- Students must bring their own drumsticks/ukuleles/guitars/violins/bows as well as music books. There will be no spare music books or instruments.
What happens if I’m sick or need to cancel my in-person lesson?
Thank you for staying home if you are sick 🙂 ! Please inform your teacher directly if you need to cancel a lesson. We all need to be especially cautious and flexible during this time so here are some options for you:
If you are canceling with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Have an online lesson instead of in-person during your regular lesson time if your teacher is able to. All of our teachers are equipped to teach online but please do contact them directly as soon as possible.
If you are canceling with at least 24 hours’ notice:
- Reschedule the lesson with your teacher to a later time when all symptoms are cleared and/or you have finished quarantining. You are eligible for up to four lessons per year to reschedule – please visit our website for more information: https://ontheoffbeat.ca/rates-policies/
- Have an online lesson instead of in-person during your regular lesson time if your teacher is able to. All of our teachers are equipped to teach online but please be sure to contact them directly and give them at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Please note that if another lockdown occurs we will automatically resort to online lessons keeping the same schedule. Students will still be required to give four weeks’ notice if they want to quit. The remaining payments for classes and after-school programs will be credited to the student’s account and can be used in the future.
To view our space/studios and how we’re working to keep everyone safe please visit our social media channels:
“Happy Music Making” and the best of health to you all,