If you are signing up for regular term lessons you will need to set up a membership with our administrative team.
OTOB’s regular term lesson membership entitles you to 40 lessons per year and the monthly payments are as follows:
30 minute lessons @$36.50 each = $146.00/month
45 minute lessons @$54.75 each = $219.00/month
60 minute lessons @ $73.00 each = $292.00/month
There is a once-a-year registration fee of $35 individual/$50 family rate that will be added to your first invoice upon registration.
If you are starting mid-year your first payment will be pro-rated and the amount of lessons will vary depending on your starting lesson date. If your lessons fall on a Monday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday you may be awarded “family lessons” to compensate for any upcoming statutory holiday closures.
“Family lessons” can booked with any of our teachers on any instrument and are transferrable to any member of your immediate family. You have until the end of August, 2020 to use these lessons! It’s a great chance to try a new instrument, try some lessons with another sibling, or book in an extra lesson before the recital!
Make Up Policy
LESSONS CANCELLED BY STUDENTS
- If less than 24-hours notice is provided for cancellation the student will be marked absent and charged; no make-up lessons will be offered, and there are no refunds or credits for missed lessons.
- If the teacher receives more than 24-hours notice of cancellation, the student will be eligible to receive a make up lesson subject to make-up policy below.
Make Up Lesson Policy for Regular Term Weekly and Biweekly Lessons
- “Make-up lessons” are lessons offered outside of regularly scheduled lessons to make up for a cancelled lesson. These make-up lessons are to be arranged between teacher and student at a mutually agreed-upon time and are to be held at On the Off Beat Music School
- Students are entitled to a maximum of 4 make-up lessons per year, at a maximum of 2 make-up lessons per term (Terms are September – December, January – March, April – June)
- Students who cancel more than 2 lessons per term or more than 4 per year will forfeit fees for those additionally cancelled lessons regardless of the amount of notice given.
- Make-up lessons may be carried over from term to term but must be used up by the end of the spring term or will be forfeited.
- Students on trial lessons are not eligible for make-up lessons
- There are “no make-ups for make-ups”: once a make-up lesson is booked between teacher and student it cannot be rescheduled by the student. If a student misses a scheduled make-up lesson, it is forfeited regardless of notice given.
LESSONS CANCELLED BY TEACHERS
Periodically, teachers will need to cancel and reschedule lessons due to their performance schedule. At “On the Off Beat” we hire teachers that are also professional musicians – we believe it is imperative to a student’s musical education to study with a teacher who is a practicing performer as well as a highly trained teacher. In the case of a scheduled teacher absence with 24 hrs notice (ex. for a performance gig), a make-up lesson will always be scheduled with the student.
In the case of a last-minute cancelled lesson (teacher’s illness or emergency the day of), the lesson will be cancelled and the client’s account will be credited to the total cost of the lesson. This is the only time lesson credits will be offered.
Can I change lesson days/teachers during the year?
Of course! Schedules change during the year and we are happy to accommodate lesson changes dependant upon availability.
For those who signed up for lessons prior to November 1st please note that if you are changing days/teachers during the year you will be put onto the above membership and that any make ups owing for cancelled lessons within your past membership will be forfeit. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a lesson day/teacher change and we will send you more detailed billing information.
To view our school policies please visit: https://ontheoffbeat.ca/rates-policies/